On 25 June 2021, SHAIKHULLAYEV N.B., investigator of the Investigative Division of the Enbekshy District Police Department, issued an indictment against a mother of four and civil activist Lyazzat DOSMAMBETOVA prosecuted under politically motivated Article 405 Parts 1 and 2 ("organisation and participation in an extremist organisation").
The "grounds" for the politically motivated criminal case are:
1) On 30 July 2020, DOSMAMBETOVA Lyazzat went live on the "YouTube" platform with "the leader of "Koshe Partiyasy" Mukhtar ABLYAZOV and his supporters. Further, the investigator writes that at the same time, Lyazzat participated in the activities of the movement conducting its campaign using "YouTube".
2) The phones and system unit from a PC seized during the illegal search revealed information from social media, which includes the words "DCK", “Koshe Partiyasy” and "Ablyazov".
3) In her video appeal (the investigator did not specify the date of the event), DOSMAMBETOVA Lyazzat called for a change of power, building a parliamentary republic and criticised the policy of the authorities.
4) DOSMAMBETOVA Lyazzat urged citizens to submit a notification for a peaceful rally on 31 October 2020 in Shymkent city. No comment.
5) DOSMAMBETOVA Lyazzat urged to form cells (small groups of activists) and take part in peaceful rallies.
6) DOSMAMBETOVA Lyazzat demanded the release of political prisoner Aron Atabek and other political prisoners and to stop political persecution.
Lyazzat DOSMAMBETOVA is being politically persecuted for exercising her constitutional rights: she called on to participate in peaceful protests, criticised the authorities, and demanded the release of political prisoners. In its resolution
of 11 February 2021, the European Parliament has condemned the abuse of anti-extremism legislation by the Kazakhstani authorities to persecute supporters of the peaceful opposition movements “DCK” and “Koshe Partiyasy” and called on the Kazakhstani authorities "to drop politically motivated charges and end all forms of arbitrary detention, reprisals and harassment against human rights activists, religious organisations, civil society organisations, trade unions, journalists and political opposition movements".
We call on the US, the EU, the UK and Canada to impose personal sanctions on: the head of the National Security Committee, Karim Massimov; the General Prosecutor, Gizat Nurdauletov; and the Minister of Internal Affairs, Yerlan Turgumbayev.
DCK (Democratic Choice of Kazakhtstan opposition movement)*
Koshe Partiyasy opposition movement**